1. I learned to ski at age 50. I was terrified, it took me three years and lots of my husband's patience but the night I went skiing down Schoolmarm at Keystone was worth all of the effort. I painted the picture above to remember the event.
2. I love to paint. I've decided that I am not going to worry about what is right or wrong with something I create. I am going to enjoy the process and share what I have created. Hopefully, this will encourage others to do the same.
3. I love soccer. Yes, I was a soccer mom and now I am a soccer grandmom but I promise I don't yell too much. And if I do yell it is always words of encouragement even for the other team. I love professional soccer too.
4. I am learning to drive my husband's motorcycle. This is outside of my comfort zone but I like a challenge. I think it is a good idea in case we are on a trip and I need to get us from place A to B and my husband needs a break. Plus, it will be really cool to say I can do it.
5. Several years ago I was writing a book and my computer crashed and I lost everything. For awhile I did not have the urge to start over but just recently that book seems to be calling my name. Plus, the heroine is just about to have her life change for the better. She's probably tired by now of walking down that isolated road not knowing what is going to happen next.
6. I am a fairly quiet person. If I am with one other person, I definitely like to talk. If I am in a small group, I will be the quietest one. But if I am talking in front of a large group of people I love to share what I know. What I find the strangest is that when I am making a presentation to a large group of people I can easily have the room laughing. That never happens in a small group.
7. I love to read. I read mostly novels and I enjoy stories that tell the history of a family with all of their ups and downs.
8. People fascinate me. I love to people watch and I love to learn about what people are doing with their lives.
9. I am enjoying coaching. It is such a pleasure to work with women who have a dream or to help them discover their dreams. I have worked with wonderful coaches and now I feel so lucky to share what I have learned with others. (Jamie is the one who started me down this path).
10. I enjoy reality TV. I am sure that this goes back to #8 It's people watching at its best and worst. I know that the producers manipulate what happens or what is shown but the people on the show have to give them something to manipulate to begin with.
I wasn't sure I would enjoy this but I did. Thanks again Jamie and Shannon. I am having a blast!