Here are seven things you may already know about me if you read my blog but that are important to me:
1. I love spending time with my family. My grandsons are always teaching me new things. They make me laugh and smile and remember what it is like to be young.
2. Although, I am no longer in the classroom being a teacher is still part of who I am. I love to learn new things and then share what I have learned with others.
3. Since I have retired, I have met many new people who have introduced me to many new things. I have rediscovered the creative side of my personality and I am enjoying exploring who I am as a creative person. It is fun acknowledging and sharing your creativity with others. I was creative as a teacher but now I am being creative in a whole new way.
4. Yoga has opened up a whole new world for me. I feel stronger, I can move better, I've meet a whole new community of friends, and I think differently. It is something that has changed my life forever and for the better.
5. I love making my home comfortable for my husband and I. I believe less is more and so I decorate simply but with things that have meaning to us. I am not a person who redecorates often so when I buy something I really love it. I love soft colors on the wall and accent with bright colors. I cannot stand clutter so I am always giving things away or throwing them out.
6. When I go on vacations I like to go to the ocean or the mountains depending on the time of year. My favorite place is the beach. Any beach will do but the Jersey shore brings back such great memories that I always love to go there. Plus, as an added bonus I get to see my family at the same time.
7. My friends are very important to me. I have friends that I have had for years and years and it is so nice to have been able to share so many wonderful times with them. Recently, I have met so many new people both in person and through my blog. Meeting new people and learning about their interests and lives helps me to grow. I have been inspired to continue to learn about all types of things that I didn't even know I had an interest in by hearing about their passions in life.
So those are seven things that hopefully will help you to know me a little better. As I was writing them, I realized that they are seven things that are very important to me and that always make me happy. As I wrote, I was also reminded of how lucky I am that I can enjoy six of the seven things that I listed each and everyday. (I can't go to the beach or mountains everyday but I can go to the lake ). So Ana, once again thank you for the award as well as for giving me the opportunity to list seven things about myself that make me happy.
I would like to pass The Versatile Blogger Award on to four very different blogs that I enjoy. I think you will too!
Here and Now
A Sharing Connection
Erins Art Journal
April Cole's Studio
Have a great weekend. I would love to learn more about what made you happy this week.